British heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua was decorated with the Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Prince Charles on Thursday night.
Anthony Joshua was previously given an MBE in 2013 after claiming an Olympic gold in the super heavyweight division at London 2012.
Dressed in a black suit jacket and grey trousers, the 29-year-old once again beamed with delight on his visit to the Palace as he accepted the honor from the Prince of Wales. After winning the OBE award, Anthony Joshua took to social media with a photo as he awaits the opponent he will fight next in 2019.
“As I’ve said, I’m willing to fight Deontay Wilder – April 13th in London,” he said. “So I don’t know what more I have to do to get that message across. He’s more interested in fighting Tyson Fury. Tyson Fury holds no world titles.
“Let me say this, I can’t control what Deontay Wilder does, I can’t control what Tyson Fury does – or even as far as what they say,”
Joshua, the WBA, IBF, WBO titlist was on vacation in Jamaica alongside his team. The British pugilist remains unbeaten in his professional career following his victory over Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round in September. He has won 21 out of his 22 fights through knockout after turning pro in July 2013 and staged his first fight at the O2 Arena in London against Scott Quigg in October the same year.