Godwin Jingle, manager of Ghana welterweight Patrick Allotey, says they will appeal the Ghana Boxing Authority’s (GBA) six-month suspension of his fighter.
Allotey was suspended for six months after assaulting a fellow sports fan during a January 28 national match at Accra Sports Stadium.
Allotey was seen in a video that went rival, punching Eric Siaw, resulting in a deep cut on his left eye.
“Following the hearing, the GBA found you liable on your own plea and has imposed a six (6) months suspension of your professional boxing licence as the appropriate sanction. The suspension takes effect from today 6th day of February 2020,” a portion of GBA statement read.
Reacting to the ban, Jingle said although they welcome the ban they will appeal for mitigation.
“The ban is going to affect Patrick Allotey because plans were far advanced as we were arranging a bout for him so as to bounce back in a big way after losing to Mexican opponent Jaime Munguia in California last year,” he told Angel FM.
“We will appeal to the disciplinary committee or GBA as an organization to reduce the ban to save his career.”